The mosquitoes apparently choose their victims. They have their own considerations to prefer one person to another. Some results of scientific research have found a number of factors that can make someone more likely to be bitten by a mosquito than other people.
These factors are then we can consider for our control so that our body is not the target of mosquito bites.
This effort is important. Because, many dangerous diseases that can be transmitted through mosquito bites. Starting from dengue fever, malaria, Zika, chikunguya, to diseases caused by the West Nile virus.
A number of the results of this study were carried out by involving certain types of mosquitoes and in small spheres so that being unable to generalize could make all mosquitoes avoid our bodies. However, there is nothing wrong with trying to reduce it to the smallest possible possibility of mosquitoes biting our bodies to avoid us from various dangerous diseases above.
Here are a number of factors that can make mosquitoes bite our bodies more often, as reported by Business Insider which summarizes them from a number of research results in various journals.
9 Things That Make You More Likely to be Bitten by Mosquitoes
- Mosquitoes prefer to bite people who emit more carbon dioxide when breathing. People like this are usually those who have bigger body or women who are pregnant.
- Having heavy physical activities that make our body sweat also can make mosquitoes more interested in biting us. Because, when sweating, our body releases lactic acid which attracts the attention of the mosquitoes.
- In the results of a study involving fewer people, it turned out that mosquitoes preferred to bite people who drank beer or alcohol than people who did not drink alcohol.
- People with blood type of O turn out to attract mosquitoes more than people with other blood types.
- Some people who have certain genes also turn out to attract mosquitoes more than others. Yes, just like blood type, we cannot change this gene factor, unlike other factors.
- People who have more varied bacteria on their skin also attract mosquitoes more than others. So, always keep your body clean.
- The body of some people take out compounds that attract the attention of mosquitoes, the body of some other people emit mosquito repellent compounds. Researchers have not been able to understand why there are people who issue different compounds like this. This is another factor that cannot be solved so it cant be controlled.
- Mosquitoes carrying malaria turned out to be twice as interested in the body of pregnant women as other human bodies. So, pregnant women must be very aware of the mosquitoes around them.
- Finally, it turns out women are more often bitten by mosquitoes than men.
So, be very careful if you are a woman with blood type O who is pregnant, then sweating and lots of bacteria on your skin. Duh, you will be the main victim of mosquitoes. 🙂